Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: My custom reports only reports created by user

Experienced Cover User

125Posts

28Kudos

1Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Since 2014.2 was released we now thankfully have more specific user access control options, which is great. HOWEVER, something really needs to be done about user access controls re. Custom reports. Presently, if a user has access to custom reports they can see ALL custom reports which have been created. This is a problem because, for example, a sales rep who needs to access his / her custom sales reports can also see the sensitive financial or wages custom reports that have been created by the company's accountant.

There needs to be some way of restricting access to certain custom reports, so that a user with access to custom reports cannot also see those that are confidential. Perhaps some form of password protection could be introduced? The creator of the custom report would then be able to password protect his report so that access would then be restricted to those knowing the password. An Enter Password field could be put in the Filter Report area per below. Probably easier said than done, but this problem really needs to be addressed.

Capture.JPG

"User Access Controls re. Custom Reports"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2018

Thank you all for your comments and votes. We understand this is an important idea and one with potential impact on user security. We did hope to make this idea possible for our clients. However, due to changes in priorities, we haven't been able to. We request everyone interested in seeing this to please continue to vote and comment.

For more information on changes to the AccountRight Idea Exchange, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

25 Comments
mumow
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Over a year and STILL nothing done in this area. the personal security in MYOB is seriously lacking. Payroll remains a serious issue and absolutely no tangeable upgrade in sight since moving to the cloud!!!

Tina2013
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner

Has this issue been sorted yet?  I do not want certain staff looking at some reports.  Especially ones to do with Payroll.  How can we restrict this?

jcbc
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User

I totally agree

this is the same with the online access

Liberato
1 Post
User

Totally agree on this.
We have the same issue with our sales reps and it is very frustrating !

Fiona_Ellis
Experienced Cover User
125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It's now nearly 8 YEARS AGO that I posted this suggestion, and still nothing has been done. Seems to me that there are many users crying out for user access control around custom reports to be sorted.

PLEASE MYOB can something be done on this? We have waited far too long for something that is so important.