Deleting imported QIF file didn't remove transactions from GL

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
aaroncoo
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Deleting imported QIF file didn't remove transactions from GL

Hi

I have imported a QIF file into MYOB business and needed to delete it becuase there were errors with some transactions. I have followed the steps from the below link and after deleting the imported bank statement, I can see the transcations have been removed from the bank transactions list. However they are all still there in the general ledger as they had been allocated with automated rules. is there a quick way to remove those 1000+ transactions without going into each individaul one?

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/myob/Import+bank+and+credit+card+statements

Thanks

Aaron

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Deleting imported QIF file didn't remove transactions from GL

@aaroncoo 

Hi Aaron

Thanks for your post. Deleting an imported bank statement only deletes the bank transactions which appear in the Bank transactions window. Bank transactions are matched to MYOB Business transactions and it's the MYOB Business transactions that are reported in the general ledger. MYOB Business transactions do need to be individually deleted. The Help Article, Deleting transactions, has instructions for the different types of transactions.

If there were errors with the MYOB Business transactions you should be able to fix these without deleting all transactions. If you can provide details I'll be happy to assist further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post