Forum Discussion

AndreeL
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Can't create advisor account - "There is already a user with this email. Enter a different email."

I need to give my tax accountant access to my file. By mistake I used "Create user" instead of "Create advisor". The invitation was not accepted and I have deleted the user in Essentials. (It is no l...
    SamaraM
    2 years ago

Hi Andree (AndreeL)

Welcome to the Community Forum. On the Forum we encourage users to offer advice and assistance, as such, you won't always receive an immediate response from an MYOB Moderator. If you do require immediate assistance we recommend contacting our phone-based or Live Chat teams.

In regards to changing the user access; you usually would be able to use the drop-down on the invitation already sent on my.myob to change the invitation to inviting them as an Advisor instead of File User. 

To do this: 

1. Click your business name and choose Users
    2. Click the user's name

3. In the Access section, choose Adviser under the User Type dropdown

4. Click Save

If you are still not able to change the user type, please send me a Private Message with the following and I can assist you further:

• Account name
    • Serial number
    • Email address of the impacted user 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.