Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Attach PDF to invoices emails

User

2Posts

69Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User

Please reinstate the function to attach PDF to invoice email by ticking the settings box. This was possible before the upgrade. The suggested resolution was that I type invoice, preview PDF, download PDF, then reattach it to the email. It was much faster and more efficient in the pre software update

"Attach PDF to email invoice"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that the email of invoices will now automatically include a PDF attachment of the email. This will show in the Attachments section of the Email window and can be removed if not required or download prior to emailing.

32 Comments
StephenO
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Absolutely reinstate attach PDF

StephenO
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I'm adding that when sending invoices to online billing systems, they are designed to retain the attachment and disguard the email. My customers do not see an email to click a link. And now they are not getting my PDF invoice. I now understand why my invoices stopped being paid. Please reinstate PDF attachments when emailing an invoice.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @StephenO 

These on-line billing systems that you mention, do you mean something like the InTray in MYOB?

Now that would be handy to send an invoice from one MYOB Ledger to another without having to invoke the two step process as recommended by the MYOB support team.

StephenO
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User
@AlanT 
In particular, I invoice a US company that uses bill.com to receive invoices and a Aussy company, I think they use xero.com. The email address they provide does not go to a person, so no eyes-on.

Cheers!

ACmusic
2 Posts
User

So glad it's not just me going through this frustation. I guess I'll have to seach for a new program then. 

Lainy97
3 Posts
Cover User

100% , always get asked for PDF copy, have to e-mail to myself and then attach to Inv being sent.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Okay...

If you are using MYOB and wish to send your invoice directlty to the InTray of a customer who also uses MYOB, your customer's MYOB will not be able to process the invoice either.

How brain dead is this?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that the email of invoices will now automatically include a PDF attachment of the email. This will show in the Attachments section of the Email window and can be removed if not required or download prior to emailing.

artek
2 Posts
User

Not seeing an attachement section in the email window other than attaching files from my network or drive.

Can you please clearly outline the process of adding the invoice to the email as a seperate PDF file?

Regards,

StephenO
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi artek,

This is what I see in MYOB Essentials: Invoices / open an invoice / Email Invoice. Hope it helps.

myob essentials invoice attached PDF.jpg