Easy way to pay Super guarantee shortfall to a terminated employee?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MelBee
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Easy way to pay Super guarantee shortfall to a terminated employee?

Hi all

I recently identified that I had not set MYOB up correctly to automatically calculate the Super Guarantee percentage increases.

The solution from the MYOB phone support team was to retract all incorrect pays (15 months worth of them!) and re do them so MYOB could calculate the correct amounts to pay for super.  I said a quick NO WAY to this and manually calculated the differences (we only have 9 employees so it was no biggie).  And then I ran a zero pay update - and adjusted the super guarantee amounts.  When I do my next quarterly payment the additional amounts will be included.  So fixed.  Except...

One of the employees who was short paid - has since been terminated. 

I don't really want to "unterminate" him and then do a zero pay and pay him the super difference and then reterminate him - if I can avoid it.  Is there a way around this?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

511Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Easy way to pay Super guarantee shortfall to a terminated employee?

Hi @MelBee,

Thanks for reaching out. 

In order to do the super adjustment, it would need to be processed through Process payroll, therefore, the employee would need to be made 'Active' again with the termination date removed from their card. 

You won't need to reverse/delete their historical (incorrect) pay runs as you've been advised, instead, you can just process a super adjustment through a pay run for the affected months, with the calculated difference. 

If you need any further assistance with this, please do let me know. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post