Accounting methods reporting

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

395Kudos

424Solutions

Accounting methods reporting

Hi MYOB Developers,

Please note that the accounting method that is used for financial reporting (which in my client's case is usually Accrual) and the method that they use for lodging their BAS (in my client's case, usually Cash) can quite often be different.

Unfortunately, the reports in the New Essentials seems to think that the same method is used for all reports and in accordance with Murphy's Law, I seem to have to select this option every time I run a report.

Because there is very little consistancy in the user interface of New Essentials some times this is obvious because on the Balance Sheet report, the accounting method is selected by a Radio button on the top of the report.  However, when I display the Profit & Loss account, it is not obvious which method is currently being applied and I have to click the [Report options] button to check what the current setting is and (usually) change it.

Two points here:

1. The accounting method used is not always the same for each report and it is about time Essentials retained my preferences correctly.

2. The current user interface is inconsistent and clumsy and needs to be sorted out to be efficient.

Call me any time as I'm happy to explain this in more detail.

Thanks,

AlanT

1 REPLY 1
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

395Kudos

424Solutions

Re: BUG: When will New Essentials Reports remember the accounting methods??

Any thoughts @Dale ?

AlanT

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post