Can't link a document to a recurring bill transaction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KathK
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can't link a document to a recurring bill transaction

Hi

I can't seemt to link a document to a recurring bill.  If I pre-create a bill and click 'Link a source document' it comes up with an error 'Network request failed'.  I know it's not my internet connection because if I create a bill manually then link a document, it works.

I also tried going into the 'In Tray' and link the document from there to a pre-existing recurring bill.  It tells me the document has been linked successfully but when you go into it, there's no document attached and the document still exists in the In Tray.

How do I link documents to recurring bills?

13 REPLIES 13
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: Can't link a document to a recurring bill transaction

Hello @KathK 

Thank you for your post.

If you are getting the error message "Network request failed" when trying to link a document to a bill. 

You will need to delete the bill, and then create a new bill using the InTray document by clicking the ellipsis (3 dots) button at the end of the document line and choose to Create bill.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

KathK
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chris

Yes I tried that, creating a manual bill then attaching a document to it, and it works.  But it defeats the purpose of having a recurring bill already set up every month and then just linking a document to it.

Can this recurring bill be fixed and set up so that we can just link a document to it every month?

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @KathK 

The above-mentioned is the only workaround at this point in time for the error mentioned.

The cause of this is under investigation so that it can have a permanent resolution.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

CaitlinR
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Any progress here? I have exactly the same problem. So frustrating that we can't use recurring bills if we want to link a document each time. Surely this is basic functionality?

jlyall
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Totally agree Caitlin.  Unless linking of invoices is enabled or fixed, there is no point to using recurring bills.  I will be deleting all my saved recurring invoices and recreating them manually by duplicating past bills.  Agree very frustrating as I now have to go back and recreate past bills in order to attach the matching invoices. 

KathK
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Yes I've been deleting all my recurring bills too and just entering manually. Duplicating it sounds good. Saves some data entry.

henry_
Contributing User
19 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

19Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Agree with the other users on this post, this is ridiculous that we need to delete a recurring bill and create it again just to link a document. This needs to be fixed asap as it's a basic function

sueoptom
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Has this been fixed yet? I have the same problem.  Seems they have the functionality for recurring bills but we cant use it! Very frustrating 

CaitlinR
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

No updates that I've heard - very frustrating and as others have noted - should be a basic function!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post