Customer Card Terms

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MattHarvey
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Customer Card Terms

Can someone please tell me how do I check individual customer terms in MYOB Essentials?  

Apparently my default settings doesn't apply for any customers I have set up previously to changing default settings but I can't see where I change/view individual terms to make sure I don't keep having the issue of invoices not defaulting to being due next EOM date.

3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,134 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,134Posts

115Kudos

483Solutions

Re: Customer Card Terms

Hi @MattHarvey 

Thank you for your post. Generally, MYOB Business/ New Essentials works on the principle that there is one set of default terms which applies to all customers . This is set in the Sales Settings >> Payment options screen,  see the detailed information  here - Set up payment details . In regards to checking individual customers payment terms  this field is not exposed in the New Essentials yet .However it can be changed on each invoice, inside the create invoice page it will allows you to change  the default payment terms on the Due date section for each customers. See the screenshot below :

Hope this will help! Please feel free to post again I'll be happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click " Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

MattHarvey
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Princess,

I have set my default terms to be last day of the next month but it does say it will only effect new customers.

I have changed the settings in the invoice for old customers and clicked on Save as Default but it doesnt save and just reverts to old terms.

Is there another way to change this?  I have one customer in particular who we invoice ALOT and I want to change their terms so changing the due date everytime is very painful and embarassing if I forget to change it.  

Thanks.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,134 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,134Posts

115Kudos

483Solutions

Hi @MattHarvey 

Thank you for the reply. When the customers cards are created in MYOB Business/Essentials the default payment terms are saved against the new card. If the default payment terms are then changed this does not update the terms saved against each card. 

I know time is very important to you, however, in this matter we can only manually change the date of the invoice after selecting the customer and save as default to update the customers payment terms.

Please feel free to post again , I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post