Re: Deleting a supplier return

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

How do i create a customer return/refund? 

used to be able to do this in the old MYOB,,,,cant see how to do it in the new?

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @LCrowhurst 

Thank you for your question. 

Creating a customer return is made by making a negative invoice, which you can either apply the return to an unpaid invoice or issue a refund.

For this process, it is done through the Sales menu and choose Invoices. Create an invoice ann the Units field, and enter how many of the items are being returned (as a negative number). For example, if 5 items are being returned, enter -5.

I have linked our Help Article on creating customer returns which cover the entire process of creating an invoice.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@ChrisMYOB wrote:

Hello @LCrowhurst 

Thank you for your question. 

Creating a customer return is made by making a negative invoice, which you can either apply the return to an unpaid invoice or issue a refund.

For this process, it is done through the Sales menu and choose Invoices. Create an invoice ann the Units field, and enter how many of the items are being returned (as a negative number). For example, if 5 items are being returned, enter -5.

I have linked our Help Article on creating customer returns which cover the entire process of creating an invoice.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

this is  different to how i used to do them in the old System (as I would create a customer return (a credit note) and apply it to a invoice)....its not always related to items been returned. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post