MYOB has had a security breech

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ImpLW
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB has had a security breech

Somehow hackers have intercepted our MYOB account and changed bank details on three payments so the money has now gone into false accounts. Trying to get hold of someone in MYOB to report this is missio impossible. If our account has been hacked hw many others have????

Can someone please contact me to point me in the right direction of who I report this to?

3 REPLIES 3
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,037 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,037Posts

918Kudos

640Solutions

Re: MYOB has had a security breech

Hi @ImpLW 

Sorry to hear. If someone has stolen your money, I would report it to the police at first instance. Actually see last para and do that first. Waiting for a MYOB response or trying to call MYOB might waste valuable time.

From your comments it is not clear what type of payments you are referring to, for example wages, or supplier bill payments. Where the bank details changed on the Card Payment Method section, or in the ABA file?

Previous examples of this led to MYOB adding a function whereby the company file owner was sent an email whenever bank details on cards are changed - suggest you check with file owner if these were received.

All indications are that changes to the bank details on the card are not the result of someone hacking MYOB's systems (Break & enter), but rather someone with a user name and password accessed the company file and made the changes (gain access with a key). For example, employee, former employee, cleaner, or a hacker might have installed key capture software on an employee's computer and gathered the user name and password that way. So MYOB will say they are not to blame.

Also get onto your bank asap, they might be able to recover the funds from the account the funds went into before they are withdraw. Banks often place blocks on suspect accounts where this might be happening.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,185 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,185Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Hi @ImpLW 

Thank you for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had that experience. When you said 3 payments were gone into false account, does that mean that it is a payment from your invoices to your customers? If yes, could you send us a Private message with the screenshots and your serial number please?

We will look into this and investigate further.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,185 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,185Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Hi @ImpLW 

I would like to follow up with you regarding your concern. If you still need help, please feel free to send a Private message with some information regarding the issue, and I'd be more than happy to assist you.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post