Forum Discussion

JulesGerbera
Experienced Cover User
2 months ago
Solved

MYOB Business - overpayment to employee - payments correct, payruns incorrect

Hi everyone, needing assistance regarding overpayment to employee but pay run entered into MYOB as incorrect.

This is what has happened:-

We pay weekly.

Payrun on 10.1.24 was paid correctly 

Then accidental payment was made into employees bank account for $521.35

Next payrun was on 17/1/24 for net pay $1007.32 and entered into MYOB as his full pay BUT he was only paid the $1007.32 minus the overpayment of $521.35 - therefore he was paid $485.97 net pay.

So should I reverse the payrun on the 17.1.24 as it does not show the correct pay run amount or show the deduction for the overpayment?

The notes I am reading up on this are directing me to enter in the pay for the 17.1.24 but to deduct his base hourly - previously I thought to show an overpayment you would enter in a deduction amount fo the $521.35.

Payments have been made already to the emloyee - it is just the payrun in MYOB that has been entered and reported incorrectly.  Am happy to provide more information and would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you

• Hi JulesGerbera,

Thanks for your post.

If there is an overpayment on the employee pay run, you may reverse it or record a separate pay run for the overpayment. More information on how to do this can be found in the Help Article: Fixing a pay.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JulesGerbera,

Thanks for your post.

If there is an overpayment on the employee pay run, you may reverse it or record a separate pay run for the overpayment. More information on how to do this can be found in the Help Article: Fixing a pay.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen