Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Payroll - Leave Accrual

Hello, 

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with 'Base Salary staff' and their 'leave accural' not autofilling when completing a payrun. 

It autofills for the hourly employees, however I have to be input the leave accrual manually for the salary staff. 

Is there a work around for this by any chance. 

Thanks,

Emma 

• Hi EmmaNTS 

Thanks for your post. Leave is accrued according to the Calculation basis selected for the leave accrual pay item. If the Calculation basis selected is Equals a percentage of Gross hours, leave won't accrue for salary employees as hours are not entered when processing a pay run.

A separate leave accrual pay item should be created for salary employees with the Calculation basis set as Equals dollars per pay period. The Help Article, Set up leave, has instructions for creating that pay item.

If your salary employees already have a separate accrual pay item please send me a screenshot of that pay item so that I can assist further.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi EmmaNTS 

Thanks for your post. Leave is accrued according to the Calculation basis selected for the leave accrual pay item. If the Calculation basis selected is Equals a percentage of Gross hours, leave won't accrue for salary employees as hours are not entered when processing a pay run.

A separate leave accrual pay item should be created for salary employees with the Calculation basis set as Equals dollars per pay period. The Help Article, Set up leave, has instructions for creating that pay item.

If your salary employees already have a separate accrual pay item please send me a screenshot of that pay item so that I can assist further.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

EmmaNTS
      User

Thank you so much for your help.  Was able to get it sorted.