Forum Discussion

Clz
User
3 months ago

Payroll activity report

Why is my payroll activity report always different to what I need to pay my team... yes have checked dates etc and its always the payrun behind the dates I need??

5 Replies

SarahBy
    Contributing Cover User

Same here, payroll is so hard to use since the update. The reporting does not match up with the pay run. I have had to spend so much time trying to fix my February pay runs after discovering the amounts I have paid staff are incorrect. The old payroll was so much easier to use. I feel like I can't trust the programe now.

Clz
      User

Glad its not just me.. well kinda... spent the day looking at alternative payroll providers 

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Clz,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. The discrepancy between your payroll activity report and the actual payments could be due to the dates being inputted in the report. The payroll activity report is now based on the payment date rather than the payroll dates. To resolve this, you should input only the payment date in the 'from' and 'to' fields of the report instead of a range. This should align the summary and the activity report. If you're still encountering issues, it might be helpful to clear your browser's cache and adjust the payment dates in the system to match the desired range.

If the issue persists, it might be due to a recent update that changed how data is shown. In this case, you might need to adjust your method of generating the payroll activity report. Instead of using the pay period as a filter, try using the payment date filter when generating the report. You may check out this helpful article dealing with payroll reports.

Please let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Otherwise, if my response has been useful, I kindly ask that you click the "Accept As Solution" button to help others find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

Clz
      User

Have email two reports showing the issues is still there... yes have checked dates... very frustraing 

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Clz

Thanks for the response. I regret to know that despite the recommended resolution, you still see a discrepancy with your payroll report. For the emailed reports you have mentioned, may we know where they were sent so that we can check them? In the meantime, you might want to try running the payroll activity report again, ensuring that all the settings are correct. If the issue persists, it would be beneficial to reach out to our MOCA, where you can send the reports directly and provide further assistance.

Kind regards,

Shella