STP 2 All purpose allowances

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
leisadds
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

10Kudos

1Solutions

Re: All purpose allowance

Eliane

Yes it is digusting when im sure there are thousands of businesses who need to comply under their awards and with the ATO. It should have been implemented when they new STP 2 was coming. Other programs already do this. I have not rolled over yet as i was advised by the ATO even they were disgusted that MYOB can not comply.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi Everyone

My apologies for the delay in updating this post. The Help Article, Allowances, has information on all purpose allowances.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

leisadds
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

10Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey

This means we are going to have to create 7 different categories for evey staff member as they are entitled to different rates of pay. 

leisadds
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

10Kudos

1Solutions

HI Tracey

How do we also add this to leave loading as it is calculated at rate not hourly?

Jen_M
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H ,

This doesn't address the question - what do we need to set up in payroll in order to correctly calculate overtime and leave loading when there are all purpose allowances to take into account?

Will MYOB be working to implement something more streamlined than multiple overtime and leave loading categories for each rate of pay (which will all have to be manually adjusted any time there is an increase in the award or an employee is given a payrise)?

Regards,

Jenny

Eliane
Trusted Cover User
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

100Posts

16Kudos

2Solutions

@Tracey_H @leisadds @Jen_M 

After reading what I already knew on how to set up a normal allowance, it's not until the end of the page that you see something relevant to what we are talking about in this thread All Purpose Allowance (which is more complicated than your ordinary allowance because of overtime and entitlements, which are to be paid including the allowance rate).

This is what it says:

"Historically, an all-purpose allowance may have been added to an employee’s base hourly rate and used for calculating things like allowances, overtime and other types of payments.

But to meet the requirements of the ATO’s STP Phase 2, your employees' base hourly pay must be reported separately from allowances. AccountRight does this using the ATO reporting category you assign to your payroll categories.

Therefore you can’t set up all-purpose allowances in AccountRight. Instead, you’ll need to set up wage categories for each allowance you need to pay and assign the applicable ATO reporting category to those allowances." 

leisadds
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

10Kudos

1Solutions

Yes i did see this so this means i have 7-8 different payroll categories to calculate the allowance on overtime, holiday and leave loading, sick pay, super, public holiday, all overtime etc. And 20 different employees with different rates?

leisadds
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

10Kudos

1Solutions

Agree Jenny. 

Eliane
Trusted Cover User
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

100Posts

16Kudos

2Solutions

@leisadds @Jen_M 

MYOB has to ensure that All Purpose Allowances rates are included in the calculation of Overtime and Entitlements when making these payments. 

I agree, what @Tracey_H sent us does not address the problem at hand. Please advise us how to proceed. We do not want to be in breach with the ATO requirements because MYOB software is not being compliant.

Eliane
Trusted Cover User
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

100Posts

16Kudos

2Solutions

@Tracey_H what is happening about this? We are still not doing the right thing by not being able to separate this allowance from the base rate.

Please advise us.

Thanks!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post