STP Reporting shows NIL Gross payments but the amount of PAYG Withholding is correct

ajc_care
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

STP Reporting shows NIL Gross payments but the amount of PAYG Withholding is correct

Hi 

Im preparing my company's BAS for period Jan to Mar 2024 and I noticed that one of the pay events showing NIL Gross Payment but the amount of PAYG W is correct. As a result, the pre fill amount of Total Salaries/Wages in my company's Activity Statement (W1) is less than the actual total salaries/wages. Total Salaries in YTD Verification Report is correct. The affected employee/employees' Income Statement in MyGov account is also correct.

Can anyone please advise how to fix this.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: STP Reporting shows NIL Gross payments but the amount of PAYG Withholding is correct

Hi @ajc_care,

It's great to have you in our community forum!

Thanks for your post. I would recommend sending an update event; you can sync your payroll totals in MYOB with the figures held by the ATO. This is a quick way of ensuring the ATO has up-to-date payroll figures for your employees. Alternatively, you can run a zero-dollar payment with a payment date of June 30. Once this is accepted, you may rerun those reports again together with the payroll register and payroll activity to double check if they have been updated. You may refer to this help article or view STP reports on how to send an update event to the ATO.

Should you require any assistance, don't hesitate to post again. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

ajc_care
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP Reporting shows NIL Gross payments but the amount of PAYG Withholding is correct

Hi Shella

Thank you for  your response.

I sent an update event but it didn't fix the issue.

I also tried to do a pay run with zero payment with a payment date of 30 June 2024 but it was rejected by ATO. Please see attached screen shot. 

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Total Salaries in YTD Verification Report is correct. The affected employee/employees' Income Statement in MyGov account is also correct. The total salaries in my MYOB Payroll Summary Report, Payroll Register Report and Payroll Activity Report are all correct (same amount with the total actual salaries). The only issues are the NIL Gross Payment in one of the pay events and the pre fill amount of Total Salaries/Wages in my company's Activity Statement (W1).

Can I just ignore the NIL Gross Payment and manually entered the correct total salaries in W1 when I prepare BAS? 

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-04-04 220742.png
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @ajc_care 

You cannot send an Update dated 30 June 2024 (future date) - I am surprised MYOB lets you do this - it will be rejected as it does not comply with ATO guidelines.

There is no way to fix this in MYOB with an Update event at any rate, as an Update event always sets the Gross (W1) and the PAYG (W2) to zero. 

Can I just ignore the NIL Gross Payment and manually entered the correct total salaries in W1 when I prepare BAS? - Yes this is the only option in MYOB. Prefill is just that (pre-fill),  you must correct W1 and W2 it if it is wrong.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
ajc_care
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

hi @gavin12345 

Thank you for helping out.

It seems MYOB can't fix this issue and just recommends to send an Update Event or run a Zero payment and hope to fix the issue as I can see in this forum that there are MYOB users experiencing issues with STP reporting (NIL amount). 

Anyway, thanks again Gavin for your time and help.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post