Forum Discussion

BrainIn
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Super for Contractors

Hi There; I am new to MYOB and was looking for some assistance on setting up super payment for our contractors. The contractors are not employees and I have already set up them as suppliers. But how do I pay their super? I was told that one way is asking for a separated invoice for the supper amount only, has anyone done that before? I would appreciate the assistance. Best regards; Antonio
    Sam_R
    3 years ago

Hi BrainIn,

If the contractors are genuine contractors as per the ATO guidelines you will continue to use their supplier card to pay their invoices.

For their superannuation contributions, you can set them up as an employee and process pays for just the superannuation amounts. This will allow you to report the superannuation contributions through STP. So essentially you will have 2 cards for this contractor, a supplier card for their invoices and an employee card for their super

Let me know if you have any further queries. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi BrainIn,

Thank you for your post.

If you are wanting to pay their super through the software and report these contributions to the ATO via STP, you can set your contractors up as an employee (for super purposes only). 

1. Set up the contractor as an employee
    2. Process a pay with the super contribution amount
    3. Click OK when prompted that it will be a void pay
    4. Send the pay information to the ATO by entering the authorised sender's name and clicking on Send in the declaration window
    5. Pay the super contribution as a part of the normal pay super process

Let me know if you require any further assistance, happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

BrainIn
      Contributing User

Thank you for the reply. The contractors provide an invpoice for all the work performed, that is why I add them as suppliers.

So I am not sure if I can add them as emplyee as well.

Is a way to only make a payment for the super if the contractor provide an specific invlice for the super it self?

Regards;

Antonio

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi BrainIn,

If the contractors are genuine contractors as per the ATO guidelines you will continue to use their supplier card to pay their invoices.

For their superannuation contributions, you can set them up as an employee and process pays for just the superannuation amounts. This will allow you to report the superannuation contributions through STP. So essentially you will have 2 cards for this contractor, a supplier card for their invoices and an employee card for their super

Let me know if you have any further queries.