Associate 2 withdrawals and 1 deposit to the same bill (rental fee + bond fee + partial bond refund)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
laurentau
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Associate 2 withdrawals and 1 deposit to the same bill (rental fee + bond fee + partial bond refund)

Hello,

I rented a truck and made 2 transactions on the same day: 

- 400 Bond

- 141.43 for rental

Then few days later I got a partial refund on the bond: +348.50

My Bill is combining those 3 items has a total of 192.93 (as it's like this on the supplier invoice).

How can I associate those 3 transactions to the same Bill? 

Thanks!

Laurent

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 10.11.07 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 10.10.32 pm.png
1 REPLY 1
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,388 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,388Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Re: Associate 2 withdrawn and 1 deposit to the same bill (rental fee + bond fee + partial bon ref...

Hi @laurentau,,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that about the issue you've been having. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. To fix this, I would recommend speaking with an accountant regarding this matter. But here are some ideas on how to link these three transactions to the same bill for better clarity and tracking, you can follow these steps:

1. Create a Bill: Start by creating a new bill. This bill will serve as the record that combines these transactions.

2. Enter the Bond Payment: On the bill, add an expense line for the bond payment of $400. You can categorize it appropriately, such as "Bond Payment."

3. Enter the Rental Payment: Add another expense line on the same bill for the rental payment of $141.43. Categorize it as "Rental Payment."

4. Enter the Bond Refund: Now, add a credit line for the partial bond refund of +$348.50. Categorize it as "Bond Refund."

5. Adjust the Total: The bill's total should now reflect the combined transactions, which is $192.93 (bond payment + rental payment + bond refund).

6. Save and Record

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post