Customer ID creating invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LWA1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Customer ID creating invoice

With the updated MYOB features, it has removed the ability to see the contact name of a Customer. I have multiple different invoicing contacts for the same customer but when start a new invoice, I am now unable to see who the contact name is for the 3 or 4 lines of the same customer. 

My business partner contacted MYOB about a different issue and raised this with the response being, amend the customer name to show the different contacts. However, this is incredibly unprofessional when the invoice then shows the Customer name with the contact details in it. 

This is very frustrating and causing numerous issues and potential errors if we send invoices to the incorrect person. 

How can I delineate the different contacts for the same customer without looking unprofessional in my invoicing?

7 REPLIES 7
becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

116Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Customer ID creating invoice

@LWA1 I have the same issue, I hope you don't mind me commenting on this post so that I can also see the reply Smiley Happy

LWA1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Totally fine @becn Smiley Happy 

Waiting to see what the response and solution is - not sure there is an easy fix on this one....

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @LWA1  @becn 

When generating an invoice within MYOB Business, the customer is selected using the Customer's name. The contact or Contact ID field is not displayed in that drop-down. This may be an area that is considered in the future, however, not something that is currently available.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

LWA1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the response @Steven_M 

I would like to point out that this change - that was previously available - is creating significant challenges in invoicing. 

So from your response I am gathering there is no solution to the massive issue that this is causing us?

becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

116Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

@LWA1 @Steven_M I agree, it's over complicating something that should be so simple and that used to be able to work quite easily

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @LWA1  @becn 

Thanks for the additional feedback

As has been indicated, the MYOB Business platform will only currently show that Customer's name. To my knowledge, other fields are not currently not within scoop of being included in that selection list at this time. They may be exposed in the future with that platform but not something that the platform can currently do

If you are needing to select a specific customer for your invoices it would be a matter of differentiating these in some way using the Customer Name i.e. add the required value to the start or end of the customer name. Alternatively, work out the customer's card that is needed on the transaction and use a previous transaction of theirs to duplicate or save as recurring. This would eliminate the need to select the customer from the Create invoice window each time to avoid unwanted customer selection errors.

It should be noted that while the MYOB Business platform takes its inspiration from the Original MYOB Essentials platform it does have different workflows and processes.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

LWA1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven, 

I can understand the platforms are different and my original message did indicate that putting a value at the start or end of the customer name is extremely unprofessional as this appears in the customer invoice so this is not a workable solution. 

Working out the customer card and duplicating or save as recurring is something I will look into but does not actually help when my invoices are different amounts each time within the same customer name - I suspect I will have the same problem if I save multiple duplicates for the same organisation. All of these take time when the previous platform helped. 

I hope MYOB can understand the significant frustration for small business owners who do not have a lot of time to spend fixing invoices and need to deliver a professional and high quality product.  

So my take away is that there is no solution to this issue. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post