Issue with Quotes

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

116Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

Issue with Quotes

Hi

I've just done my first quote since the upgrade a week or so ago and realised, after I sent it that the quote number actually defaults to an invoice number. Why on earth would it do this and how do I fix it?

Also sometimes, from my end, the customer/entity changes from the quote to the invoice, meaning when I convert a quote to an invoice I need to change the customer. But it won't let me? How do I do this?

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Issue with Quotes

Hi @becn 

Thank you for the feedback

As you have indicated, with the MYOB Business platform the system will have a shared invoice number sequence across quotes and invoices. This does mean that users can track that transaction using one number in their system.  We do appreciate that this may be a change from the Original MYOB Essentials platform which had a separate invoice number sequence, however, to my knowledge that this is not an area that we are looking into at this time.

With regards to changing customers on transactions. Once the invoice (or quote) has been recorded the customer is set on that transaction and is not able to be changed. Although, Help Article: Changing the customer on an invoice outlines a process that can be used to generate the same invoice but with a different customer if required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post