Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Dashboard: Show previous GST Payment/Refund amounts

1Posts

41Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

One of the most useful items to me with the previous Dashboard in Live Accounts was the PAYG and GST estimates  which would update themselves automatically as you allocated transactions in accounts.  As the quarterly BAS payment is made up of PAYG and GST and Superannuation is a seperate payment doesn't it make sense to have a 'You owe the ATO" or "The ATO owes you" which is the combined figure of both and then the super you owe seperately?  After every session I could glance at that figure and put money aside in preparation accordingly.  Also the previous quarters estimate would still be visible on the Dashboard once the date ticked over as obviously nobody has finalised their Jan - Mar BAS on April 1st!!  Anyway it used to be so easy to get that information!  Why has this been removed and changed?  Surely I'm not the only one that wants that information with one click?

"Dashboard Missing Quarterly GST and PAYG amounts"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2014

Thanks for your feedback on this change. I would just like to confirm the new dashboard does give you the figures of GST Refund and GST to Pay so the information is still visible to an extent. That being said, of course, we're happy to consider putting in something that more closely resembles the old system, other users who would like this please make sure that you vote if you would like this added.

12 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your feedback on this change. I would just like to confirm the new dashboard does give you the figures of GST Refund and GST to Pay so the information is still visible to an extent. That being said, of course, we're happy to consider putting in something that more closely resembles the old system, other users who would like this please make sure that you vote if you would like this added.
Marie_22
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

The new dashboard only gives the GST to Pay for the current period. The GST to Pay for the previous period does not appear anywhere on the dashboard. 

Perhaps the dashboard could show separate amounts for the GST periods as per the settings for the file. Then people would know what is due on what date. 

Swiftbiz
1 Post
Cover User

I would like to add my vote for the dashboard to show current information for GST liability. This information is used for cashflow purposes and it would be best if it only disspears as owing off the dashboard once you've paid your BAS, not when the period ends.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your comments @Marie_22 and @Swiftbiz. We understand you would like the dashboard to have more information regarding amounts owed to the ATO / Super Funds. Having separate sections for different / previous quarters sounds like a good idea.

We request others who would like this to please vote and add any relevant comments.

Rob37
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

Can there be an option to show GST owed for the previous quarter rathat than what is accruing in the current quarter?

When it comes time to finalising the BAS that is falling due it would be good to see the previous quarter total there.

Cheers,

Rob

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@Rob37

Hi Rob,

I agree totally.  I have many clients who look at the figure on the dashboard and think that is what they currentlly owe the ATO and I keep having to remind them to just ignore the number on the dshboard as it is not correct.

Alan

Sandecker
1 Post
Cover User

Just adding my support for this change.

I was using the dashboard as an indication of what was owed to the ATO etc.  Surely it should show the total GST liabilities, not just the GST for the current quarter.  For example, a total number (just like the PYAGW and Super) which has a down arrow - on expansion it shows previous quarter balance and current quarter balance.

regards

Lucas

TanyaBennett
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree.

Essentials is used by all people, not just bookkeepers & accountants. These normal tradies dont understand how to go & look for the liabilities, etc, they want to be able to have a look at the dashboard & get an indication for their cash flow.

Regards

Tanya

andrewbourner
7 Posts
Cover User

Also, an option to turn this GST section off on the dashboard would be nice too.

Regards,

Andrew.

Hello
5 Posts
Cover User

Currently the "GST to pay" widget on the dashboard, resets each quarter, even though you may not have paid your GST for the previous quarter yet.

That means it's understated for about 28 days, 4 times a year....i.e. a third of the year (if you don't pay until due date each month)

The "PAYG and Super" widget doesn't work like this. It's a running total, which reduces when it's paid.

Can this please be made consistent between the two widgets?