Bank Deposits from Online sales invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sally001
Partner
193 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

193Posts

4Kudos

4Solutions

Bank Deposits from Online sales invoices

My client is using the latest MYOB Accountright. He also has online sales invoices where credit card options are linked to pay. 

When his customers pay, I noticed the invoices are paid off with the merchant fees but the whole deposit is being placed into the Undeposited funds account and is greyed out?  

Therefore, Im unable to change it to the correct bank account to reconcile the main bank account.

Is this MYOB doing this automatically or the client?

We need to use the Undeposited funds account for when my client pays off other Eftpos settlements and then manually makes a bank deposit but I dont understand why the Online invoice payments are automatically going to the undeposited funds window when its already settled to match the bank statement and cant be changed to go into the business bank account?  If I go into the Bank deposit window it doesnt show there either. 

Why do they come into the actual bank account just saying MYOB PAYBY with no invoice number to match it?

Can someone please advise further on this? 

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Bank Deposits from Online sales invoices

Hi @Sally001 

Thanks for your post. Payments are posted to the account selected when setting up online invoice payments. It sounds like the undeposited funds account has been selected. To check this go to Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing tab>>Edit payment options>>Select a bank account to record online invoice payments.

To view the details of a payment you can check the online invoice payment reports in Reports>>Sales>>Online invoice payments.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post