Forum Discussion

gavin12345
Ultimate User
2 years ago

Finding File ID in browser version

Hi,

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here - can't file the File ID for an online file when accessed via browser - can someone please point me in the right direction. Moderators often ask for the File ID so they can run a script. If I have 2 online files with the same serial number, how can I find the respective File ID's for each file?

In the desktop application the File ID is visible from the Help > About AccountRight screen.

Thanks

Gavin

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi gavin12345 

Thank you for your post. There's no File ID when it comes to the browser version. It is based on serial numbers. Each business will have its own serial number if you're using MYOB Business/Essentials. That is why it is also helpful to mention if you're using AccountRight Live (needs a Company File ID to identify which file) or purely MYOB Business/Essentials (browser). 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Sean_DC 

Please re-read my post. I am referring to an online AccountRight files, accessed via the browser. Some users have 2 online AccountRight files with the same serial number. Each of these files has a File ID. My question is how can I find this File ID of the particular file when I access this online AccountRight file via the browser interface.

Regards

Gavin

Sean_DC
      MYOB Moderator

Hi gavin12345 

As mentioned, there's no File ID when it comes to the browser version. It is based on serial numbers. That's why you can mention if you're using AccountRight Live (needs a Company File ID to identify which file) or purely MYOB Business/Essentials (browser based which uses serial numbers). If you're using AccountRight, then you'll know your File ID because you can access it in the desktop version. We'll ask you the details we need if a script is needed to be done.