mairenui
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GST Period

I am trying to generate a GST report on the page "GST return and late claims report" but the periods offered do not match our reporting dates.

I want to create a report from 1 Sep to 31 Oct, but am only ever offered 1 Aug-31 Sep or 1 Oct-30 Nov. I have tried setting the filing month to Odd,and Even, in Report Settings, but it does not change the list of periods available.

Am I missing something, or is the "new" feature bugged?

6 REPLIES 6
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: GST Period

Hi @mairenui,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and welcome to the Community Forum!

My apologies for the late response. If you're reporting on a 2-month frequency, the period is currently set to Aug-Sep and Oct-Nov, and unfortunately, there isn't an option for us to modify that setting. For more detailed information on this, please refer to this help article. Completing your GST return (New Zealand)

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance regarding your reporting periods or any other related matters, feel free to reach out. We're here to help!

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Hi @mairenui,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

explorer_will
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have the same problem. I am attempting to generate my first GST Return report with MYOB and I cannot select the two month filing period that I use with IRD. eg. I wish to file a report for Jan and Feb 2024 but the options I have available to select are Dec 23 - Jan 24 or Feb 24 - Mar 24.

I attempted to toggle the filing month from odd to even and vise versa but it doesn't help.

How do I file a GST report that matches the two month period I use with IRD?

Cheers

Will

mairenui
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Uh, yes, I'm still having the issue, of course! Your previous post said that there is no way to do it, and I assume you haven't rectified this yet. 

By all means, do try to help me. That would be fantastic, and I would recommend your product to my friends. As it stands, it doesn't do the job we need, and I am unimpressed.

mairenui
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Oh, and the question is marked as "solved". How is that??? All you told me is that it is not possible. That's not solving my problem!

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Hi @mairenui,

Apologies for the delayed response. This issue has already been escalated to the relevant team, and we'll provide an update once it becomes available. in the meantime, feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post