Forum Discussion

Beks
Contributing Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

GST on multiple items

Hi. I've just started my first business so new to both MYOB and GST so just trying to work my way through it.    I have a query on an invoice I created (in Essentials)...   I have items I'm selli...
    Steven_M
    6 years ago

Hi Beks

The difference is caused by the rounding of values for items.

Firstly, MYOB Essentials only allows the user to set up an item with 2 decimal places as the unit cost. This does mean that there will be some rounding of values to determine the total amount.

For example, if you look at the below table it outlines what is occurring. As the actual line price is being rounded to 2 decimal places it is encountering a different value that you would expect to see. This is due to the fact that the actual selling price of the item is $39.997 (not $40.00).

In saying that on the actual Create Invoice window you can have up to 4 decimal places as the unit price. So, in your case, if you wanted a more accurate total my recommendation would be to enter a GST Exclusive invoice with 4 decimal places with the unit price (being manually entered*) as 34.7826

Note: That this may change the method of entry for the invoice and how those invoices appear on the printed/email copy

*Would need to be entered manually rather than get it from the selling price of the item, as the selling price of the item can be set to be 2 decimal place but the unit price allows for 4 decimal places on the invoice.