Forum Discussion

v19user
Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Is Payday Filing still continuing during IRD e-services updrade?

Hello

Can anyone tell me whether continuing as normal with weekly pay runs through MYOB payroll is the correct thing to do with IRD shutting down their services between 9th and 16th April 2020?  I'm not sure what EI's are they they say are meant to only be filed on 17th April?

thanks

• Hi v19user 

It depends on which payroll programme you are using? If you are using Essentials Payroll - the EI returns will not lodge - but will automatically update once the IRD service becomes available. If you are using MYOB Payroll or another - then just save up the lodgement files, and lodge them all once the IRD service returns to normal. It would be any returns you would normally lodge between the dates the IRD is closed.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi v19user 

It depends on which payroll programme you are using? If you are using Essentials Payroll - the EI returns will not lodge - but will automatically update once the IRD service becomes available. If you are using MYOB Payroll or another - then just save up the lodgement files, and lodge them all once the IRD service returns to normal. It would be any returns you would normally lodge between the dates the IRD is closed.

v19user
      Cover User

Thanks Jennie. I am using Essentials, so that means I just carry on as normal, and Essentials will take care of it all!  Brilliant!  Great help.