Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Returning to work after being on ACC for 12 months

Hi, I have an employee who has been on ACC for 12 months and has just been cleared to return to work for 3 days (24 hrs) a week where prior to going on ACC they were employed for 5 days (40 hrs).  I understand that they are entitled to accrue annual leave while on ACC but my question is - if I adjust their hours or normal working week down to 24 hours, how will this affect their accrual of of annual leave and if they are cleared to increase back up to a full week, does payroll take the changes back and forward into account and automatically adjust their annual leave?

2 Replies

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi KJO2024 

I would be assuming ACC is going to pay the employee the other 2 days per week? until he can return to work fulltime. Therefore his contract doesn't change and you would leave him accruing 5 days per week - unless the employment contract is negotiated.

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KJO2024,

It's great to have you in our Community Forum!

Thank you for your post. Regarding ACC employees, they are still entitled to annual leave since the employee was active. For changing a work week from 40 to 25, the calculation will still be based on the employee's work per week and will start on the day you process the pay run when the hours have already been adjusted. Existing annual leave will not be adjusted; it will just be recalculated.

Please refer to this help article on updating leave balances for more detailed information about this.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella