Forum Discussion

Lisa10
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Terminating employee with outstanding leave that will not be paid

Good Morning,   I have an emoloyee who has left but is over in her annual leave (bosses daughter) the boss doesn't want her to pay any of it back. How do I terminate her & 0 balance out her leave...
    4 years ago

Hi Lisa10 

Should you be needing to remove annual leave and other leave hours for the employee without paying them you want to complete the following process:

1. Navigate to the required employee in the Maintain Employees
    2. Select the Leave tab
    3. Overwrite their Holiday Pay Due value to be 0.00
    4. Overwrite their Annual Leave Due as at xx/xx/xxx value to make the Current Annual Leave Due balance 0.00 i.e. make that Annual Leave Due as at xx/xx/xxx a negative (consideration would need to be taken into account for the [Less] Annual leave taken since value)
    5. Select the Other Leave tab
    6. Update the Current Alternatively Holidays due value to be 0.00

By zeroing out those records it makes the employee open to having their Finish Date and Reason entered in the Employment Details. Once those values have been entered the employee will become an Ex-employee.

Note: Removing the level values from an employee to make them allowed to be manually terminated is something that should only be in certain circumstances. We do recommend running the situation across an organisation like Employment NZ to ensure that there are no other obligations that need to be paid to the employee.