Forum Discussion

3 months ago
Solved

Standard 19

Ive been using the old Standard 19 disc for about 14-15 years now and my computer has died. I have lost all my data from old Myob. i am hoping to get it from the hard drive. I am working with a tech guy now. I have also lost the disc so i can not reload it onto my computer. I have signed up with the online MYOB. Is there a way i can upload all the information from the old program to this new platform. Please help! feeling very stressed about this. Plus, there are no contact details on your site for me to call and get any help which i find really unusual for a company of your size.

• Hi OliviaTS 

You can download v19 Standard installer from here: https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads?page=1

You can cancel the new version asap unless want to use a completely different product that won't be compatible with your old data and you don't own and can't back up and have to keep paying to use it. The old versions do work on new computers but you may have to find out a few tricks, such as opening the MYOB.exe as Administrator, etc. but keep asking for help on here as there are a lot of knowledgeable users of the Legacy versions. Windows 11 doesn't allow MS Office to run in 32Bit version so you will need to find workarounds for links to Office, but they do exist.

Cheers

Liz

4 Replies

• Hi OliviaTS 

You can download v19 Standard installer from here: https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads?page=1

You can cancel the new version asap unless want to use a completely different product that won't be compatible with your old data and you don't own and can't back up and have to keep paying to use it. The old versions do work on new computers but you may have to find out a few tricks, such as opening the MYOB.exe as Administrator, etc. but keep asking for help on here as there are a lot of knowledgeable users of the Legacy versions. Windows 11 doesn't allow MS Office to run in 32Bit version so you will need to find workarounds for links to Office, but they do exist.

Cheers

Liz

• Thank you so much. You have relieved so much stress from me. 

Liz_A
        Valued User

HI OliviaTS 

I'm happy to help. I suggest you keep a backup of the installer (as well as your date file), in case this happens in futire.

Cheers

Liz