Forum Discussion

Bunny79
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

How to edit/correct customise Statement

Dear MYOB Team

We have a customise Statement on MYOB AccountRight Plus AU 2021.2.1

However we found the total amount overdue for previous month was not added correctly

For example : we have 2 invoices in March (20.3.2021 invoice 72384 with the amount $75.63 and 27.3.2021 invoice 72499 with the amount $177.87), so total Mar Overdue should be $253.50

Why it appears on my statement Mar overdue only 1 invoice with the amount of $75.63

Please see the statement enclosed

Could you please help me to fix this matter ?

Thanks

Bunny79

• Hi Bunny79 

Your thinking is spot on, if you do use daily ageing i.e. the invoice amount would be appearing in the 1st ageing period (commonly 30 days) based on that method. 

However, you have set it up to be monthly ageing, which does work slightly differently. As the statement is being dated in April that invoice is not overdue as the due date falls in April thus appears as Current. If the statement is dated on 1st May it would be reporting all those invoices that are due in April in that first ageing period (Apr Overdue). 

Users can update their ageing method through Setup>>Preferences>>Reports and Forms>>Ageing method.  Mostly commonly users use daily ageing as its more accurate i..e you just count the number of days from the due date to determine where it falls.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Bunny79 

What are your payment terms on your invoices, is that causing the invoice 72499 to show as not overdue.

All the best,

Carl

Bunny79
      Experienced User

Hi CarlBrooks,

Thank you for your reply

The payment term is 30 days

when when i print out the statement on 30/4/2021, I thought invoice was issue on 26/3/2021 shoulsd be included in Mar overdue, but it was not :-( that why I ask for help

Thanks

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Bunny79 

Your thinking is spot on, if you do use daily ageing i.e. the invoice amount would be appearing in the 1st ageing period (commonly 30 days) based on that method. 

However, you have set it up to be monthly ageing, which does work slightly differently. As the statement is being dated in April that invoice is not overdue as the due date falls in April thus appears as Current. If the statement is dated on 1st May it would be reporting all those invoices that are due in April in that first ageing period (Apr Overdue). 

Users can update their ageing method through Setup>>Preferences>>Reports and Forms>>Ageing method.  Mostly commonly users use daily ageing as its more accurate i..e you just count the number of days from the due date to determine where it falls.