Trying to change effective filing date so Tax statement only shows Tax due at P3

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
blanky
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Trying to change effective filing date so Tax statement only shows Tax due at P3

We are wanting to hold off filing the clients 2021 tax return so that their provisional tax is assessed on their 2021 income which is nil.  I am trying to get this to show on the 2021 tax return but can't get it to work.  I have been into the compliance setting and changed them so it shows P1 nil P2 nil and P3 the full amount of Prov tax for the year but this is not showing on the tax statement.  I have synced data but this didn't work either.  Old system you could change effective filing date.

Any Ideas

2 REPLIES 2
Niceday
MYOB Staff
47 Posts
MYOB Staff
New Zealand
MYOB Staff

47Posts

4Kudos

3Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Trying to change effective filing date so Tax statement only shows Tax due at P3

Hi Blanky,

Thank you for your post.

To get the tax statement to show all the provisional tax at P3. Go to compliance settings> change the Expected filing date for the 2021 year to be after the second prov tax date, but before the third prov tax date. Open the return and click sync tax return data, now the tax statement should appear as you expect.

Should you require further assistance with this issue, please do not hesitate to call our technical support team on 0800 94 96 98.

Thanks

Lisa

blanky
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Trying to change effective filing date so Tax statement only shows Tax due at P3

Thanks Lisa

One of your team rang me about something else so I asked them about it and he pointed me in the correct direction.

Regards

Rachel

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post