MYOB Moderator StevenR
92 Posts
MYOB Moderator
StevenR
MYOB Moderator

92Posts

59Kudos

2Solutions

Two-factor authentication is an easy, practical way to increase security for you and your online data. Here’s how it works and what it means for your business.

What is two-factor authentication?

Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a secure sign in process that combines something you know (your password) with something you have (your mobile phone) to ensure that you - and only you - can access your account.

Check out this short video for an overview of MYOB’s two-factor authentication.

Why do I need 2FA?

Usernames and passwords can be stolen by phishing scams or other online security breaches. Securing your account with just your login details may not be enough to protect the sensitive, valuable information in your AccountRight business.

But why risk it? With 2FA enabled, your entire login process is only seconds longer - but exceptionally more secure.

Sounds great! How can I get 2FA on my account?

When 2FA becomes available for your account, you’ll be prompted to set it up when you next sign in. If you missed the prompt, don't worry! You can turn on 2FA from the Security Centre at any time. Click here to access your Security Centre.

getstarted.png

Haven’t been prompted for 2FA yet, and don't see the 2FA option in your Security Centre?

We're rolling out 2FA to every MYOB account over the next few weeks. Want to jump the queue? Fill out this form to get set up sooner.

Where can I find more information?

For more information on what this means to your business or accounting practice, start by reading more about MYOB’s 2FA in this post on The pulse blog: The cheat’s guide to two-factor authentication

For more information about turning on, signing into, or managing your 2FA, check out the two-factor authentication online help.

11 Comments
Experienced Cover User julie-blacker
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @StevenR   What happens when you are a real estate office and the bookkeeper needs access to the computer and the agent is away or out of range when you go to log in is there a way for the 2 factor to be emailed instead as the phone number is not always available.

MYOB Moderator StevenR
92 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @julie-blacker, you're right, that's a common scenario for many businesses. We're actually working on email verification right now, and it'll be available as a 2FA option soon.

You might like to take a look at the updated chart on our Setting up two-factor authentication page, which has examples of when email or app verification is the best 2FA method to use.

Experienced Partner ccall48
14 Posts
Experienced Partner

How about the option of just not using it?

The whole concept is noble but having already turned if off everything I already use because in reality it is a PITA.

I'm also not very fond of uncle google and no longer use any of there services because I personally just dont trust them or want anything to do with them and the idea of an email... really...

I just want to be able to login with my username and password and I want my accountant and book keeper to do the same when needed.

I do not want 2FA nor am I interested in 2FA.

Tired0000
2 Posts
Cover User

I agree this 2FA is not what Im paying for either.  Its midnight Saturday monring and 2FA is giving me grief stopping me access MY account that I pay service for, yet theres noone around to help.   Im not a happy chappy!! 

MYOB Moderator JakeN
950 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @ccall48

Currently, it is optional to turn on/off the 2FA authentication but soon it will be mandatory by the ATO to meet new industry standards. Currently, the ATO website is getting maintenance done so I don't have a link, however, I do have the help page that will be updated when it becomes mandatory. Two-factor authentication for accountants and bookkeepers and 2FA authentication.

This recommendation for getting your account secure with 2FA is being promoted by most major companies that have an online cloud presence like MYOB, Xero, and Intuit QBO, etc. 

MYOB Moderator JakeN
950 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Tired0000

Can I please confirm the problem that you are having with your 2FA login? The pages I have linked above may provide a solution to your problem. If they do not feel free to let us know in a post by clicking the "Start a Post" button at the top-right of the screen.

Tired0000
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi @jaken

Yes Ive been and read all that information and it takes me in a big circle.  I dont have the authentication code, nor the back up codes and I cant login without them .  The only option is to call your 0508 number and Ive been doing that yesterday without talking to anyone.  I spend over 30 mins on hold though.  Today as I write this I am on hold again.  its been 9 minutes 28 seconds so far!!!  

What gives on the customer service thing eh? Not good.  Im going to be seeking a credit from you.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
7,982 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Tired0000

Looking at your account, I see you were able to get through to our team, and judging by the notes on the account they were able to assist you with resolving this issue around two factor authentication on your login.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know any time you have a question as the MYOB Community is happy to assist

Partner SammieS
2 Posts
Partner

Can't log in: two factor authentication code not accepted

• You've entered the wrong verification code, it has expired, or it has already been used.

I can't tell you how much time I have wasted trying to log in with the 2FA Authentication over the last few weeks.  I have been using it for a while now and it has been slowing getting worse over the last 3 weeks.  I have now wasted an hour trying to log in this morning with no success and with no one to call for help....

Partner AlanT
997 Posts
Partner

Hi @SammieS

Try this...

On the sithenticator app, go to the menu bar in the top right hand corner and select Settings. Then Time correction for codes.  Frpm here select the Sync now option.

This worked for me.

Regards

AlanT

Partner SammieS
2 Posts
Partner

Thanks Alan that worked.

Really appreciate your help

Sam