Forum Discussion

Aimee1
Contributing User
2 years ago

Prevent User Creating Inventory

Hi,

We are setting up our inventory and although 8 people will be required to create purchase orders we only want one person in the company to be able to create new inventory items to maintain consistency and accuracy.

Is there a way to prevent an employee with access to Purchases to not have access to Inventory?

Thank you.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Aimee1 

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to restrict access to inventory for certain users, you would need to adjust the roles or make specific roles for those users.

This is done in the user access in the setup menu.

I have linked our Help Article on setting up user roles which will give a better insight as to how to do this.

Aimee1
      Contributing User

Thanks for your reply Chris.

I have followed the suggested help article and it does prevent other users creating items but when they open MYOB in web browser they can create items again.

Do  you know why this would be working on the desktop but not online?

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

Hello Aimee1 

Sorry for the delay in my response. 

Can you please click on your business name when logged into the web browser and go into the users to see if they have different permissions. This would be the only thing that is effecting this difference but generally, this should reflect within both the web browser and the software application.