Forum Discussion

Jasonh93
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

I get a -25 Invalid Amount error when importing data.

Hi,

I use a script to sort purchases by part number and then import the sorted data back into MYOB. This process was working fine up until last week where I started receiving a -25 invalid amount error in the import error log.

What process does MYOB use to import data? Is there any way to sort the data by part number in MYOB? How can I fix this error?

Thanks.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Jasonh93 , assuming you are using AccountRight desktop, there is no way to sort by part number.

If you open the imported text file in Notepad, do the amounts look OK?

Are you able to attach the import log, and the imported text file (or an extract of it, as this is a public forum)?

Jasonh93
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Mike_James,

The amounts and headers are taken striaght out of MYOB, they are not edited and they look good in notepad.

I will not be able to send the files at this stage.

What are the possible causes? I will try to diagnose the problem myself for the moment due to this being public.

Thanks.

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Jasonh93 , if you wish, email me the files directly, and I will comment back to you first, then to the forum with your agreement. 

Quite often, the cause is some other reason, even the order of columns compared to a standard exported file.