Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Error -25: Invalid amount Spend Money

Hi 

I hope you are able to assist me.  I am in the process of setting up a template for my team so they can import spend money transactions into MYOB.

I keep getting error messages.  Used to be Error 19 and now it is 25.  I have tried to export the data from MYOB to follow the same format but the headings on the export are not the same as what I have to complete for import.

Please can you assist me in resolving this error and also tell me how I can add allocation memo details 

in an import, as I do not have this option.

Allocation memo missing.PNG

Many thanks

Bryony 

SamaraM
    2 years ago

Hi BRigden and HelenBell 

Thanks for providing the additional context, I have been able to reproduce the error, and I think my advice will work for both of you.

When I go to the import/export assistant, I was seeing the fields mentioned in the article I sent earlier, not what fields - Helen- you sent through on your screenshot, but when I test it with the import file - Bryony- you sent I can see why you are both not getting all of the available fields.

So if you have a look at the file test Spend money - 13.09.22.txt, and compare that with the example from the sample file below: 

You can see that there is a " {} " missing in the first line. 

If that code is not in the first line of the import file, then the software thinks it is an import file from an earlier version that didn't have the full list of fields, so it doesn't give the option for some of the available fields.

If you go ahead and add that line to both your import files, then try again, I am confident it will give you the full set of available fields.

Please give that a go and let me know how you both get on.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I am experiencing the same issue with the export file fields not matching the compulsory import fields. There is no guidance in the help for the errors that have come up.

MYOB, I can see several help requests on this very issue -- please assist!!!

SamaraM
    Former Staff

BRigden 

Hi Bryony 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. I've had a look at the import file you attached and error code 25.

The description of the error code is "Invalid Amount When Importing".

The requirement for the amount field is: 15 characters (including 2 decimal places). In your document, you have entered 1920.1 in that field. I recommend changing that to 1920.10 and attempting to import again.

Bryony; If you're still not able to import and HelenBell; I see you are also seeking guidance on resolving Matching Fields, check our Help Article - Import and export fields and it will tell you what each field you will need to match (the required fields will have a * or ^ next to it). It also explains the correct format for the field as well.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

HelenBell
      User

Hi Samara,

What I was pointing out, 

**the export file fields not matching the compulsory import fields. There is no guidance in the help for the errors that have come up.**

The link you provided I had already found and read, and the issue remains that the export file and the import screen don't match each other or the help page -- these are all now attached.

For example, the import requires "ex-tax amount" but that is nowhere on the export options or the help page.

Something needs revising so that the export, import and help actually correspond with each other. Please advise better instructions than the help page has in the meantime?

Thanks

Helen

SamaraM
        Former Staff

HelenBell 

Hi Helen

Sorry for the delay in response. I'm a little unsure of the question, as the fields you have in the import image, do not match the fields in the export image, or the help article in the third image. I've compared the spend money export fields with the import fields transactions from my sample file and the fields are all the same.

Could you provide some more context as to which product you are using and the exact steps you are taking to get the different import fields so I can reproduce the error on my end?

BRigden
      User

Hi Samara

Thank you for reaching out and helping me.  I have attempted another import following your instructions below and it has returned the same error.  I have attached my import file and error log for reference.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can try to resolve this. 

With regards to the matching fields, when I export spend monies they have different headings to what is available on the import.  I would like to use the 'allocation memo' function but this is not available on the import as a heading but it can be exported and there is a field to fill in on the spend money screen.  Please can you advise how I can use this field in my import. 

It would be good to also undertsand which headings on the import page correspond with the spend money fields, as they change so differently from the export.  This is not detailed anywhere on the help pages.

Many thanks

Bryony