Forum Discussion

6 months ago

Bank Rec 2 entries for Payroll

Hi

I am using MYOB Business.

I am processing Payroll and then paying it manually, separately in online Banking.

What is happening is - the Bank rec is showing the Payroll transaction as Weekly Pay and then 2 x OSKO payments and 1 x Pay Anyone on the Bank Rec.

So it is doubling up.

I assume it as simple as changing where the Payroll is allocated to on the MYOB program and then just reconciling the OSKO and Pay Anyone on the Bank Rec??

And if this is the case - then how do I delete/get rid of - the doubled up transactions on the Bank Rec - this goes bank to September 2023 when I first updated to MYOB Business.

Help woud be much appreciated.

Wish I could just ring MYOB and talk to someone directly...

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KathyMB,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of helpful information.

My apologies for the late response. I understand that you're having issues with payroll transactions doubling up in your bank reconciliation. We appreciate your patience with this. Allow me to help you address this.

• Changing Payroll Allocation: You can allocate the payment from the banking tab in MYOB Business Essentials. However, this doesn't allocate the payroll. If there are payroll payments that you're unable to allocate, you should not use the ABA file to pay your employees. Instead, transfer the amount separately from the bank. You can find more details on this here.
    • Deleting Doubled Transactions: We regret to inform you that MYOB Business doesn’t have a recover function for deleted transactions. If you have deleted a transaction in error, the only way to recover it is to reenter the transaction. However, it doesn't specify how to delete transactions. You may need to consult with your accounting advisor for this. You may refer to this helpful article on deleting a transaction for more detailed steps and information.

I hope this helps! If you have more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Shella

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi KathyMB,

I hope this message finds you well today. I just wanted to follow up if you still need further assistance with your bank reconciliation entries on payroll. If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to reach out. We're always delighted to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Shella

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi KathyMB,

I hope this message finds you well today. We have recently asked for updates to assist you further, but we have not received any response. We will be closing this thread now. If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to start a post again, as we’re always delighted to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Shella