Forum Discussion

Keeper
Partner
2 years ago

Summary of Payments Payroll reporting - Year-to-date verification report

Hi,

I have one employee who has Salary Sacrifice, this appears on his Income Statement.

When I produce the Y-T-D Verification Report the total appears in the Salary sacrifice (RESC) box but not in the Reportable employer super contributions (RESC).

How do I rectify this.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Danni

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi keeper

Thanks for your post and Welcome here in the Community Forum. Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet.

Generally speaking, if you report a salary sacrifice pay item as a salary sacrifice RESC, the amount will show up for superannuation. If you report this as a superannuation guarantee, all the amounts are recorded using that category and will show up in the superannuation guarantee.

Could you confirm if you reported it in superannuation or superannuation guarantee?

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

Keeper
      Partner

Hi Leneth,

Thank you for your response.

In the Payroll Category the Salary Sacrifice is -Type - Salary Sacrifice (deduction) - ATO Reporting Category - Salary Sacrifice and RESC.

On the Employee Card it is setup as Salary Sacrifice - Salary Sacrifice (Deduction).

I spoke to an MYOB representative on Wednesday and was told that the Salary Sacrifice only appeared in the top section on the Verification Report and the RESC in the lower section was only for company additional contributions.

I hope this was correct as I finalised and sent to the ATO.

Regards,

Danni

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi keeper

Thanks for the update on this.

In this matter, it's correct that for STP Phase 2 the ATO reporting category Salary sacrifice can be used for Salary sacrifice (deduction) superannuation categories. You can find more information about this on our Help Article Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting.

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
        Leneth