Forum Discussion

janinedm
Contributing User
9 months ago

Running MYOB18 using windows 11

I need to be able to access my MYOB 18. I recently upgraded to windows 11. My IT guy was able to design a work around which still allowed me to access MYOB18 but in last few days windows must have done some sort of update and this work around no longer works. I now get the message "This app can't run on your PC Access is denied". I need to be able to access the data in this file and continue to use this. How can I do that? Is there another MYOB product I can purchase that will read these files

20 Replies

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi janinedm,

Thank you for the post and welcome to the Community Forum! I appreciate you for providing some information, and I'll be glad to help you with this. Please provide me with a screenshot of the full error message so I can further assist you.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai

• Hi janinedm 

There are a few solutions to this problem (if it's the error I think it is) but the easiest I found, is to change your MYOB.exe file name to something like MYOB18.exe and Send it to the Desktop to create a shortcut to start the MYOB from.

Cheers

Liz

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi janinedm,

Thank you for your patience. Do you still need assistance with this? Please try the steps that Liz_A and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Sai 

janinedm
      Contributing User

I have tried these steps and it did not work. Are you able to suggest something else or is there an upgrade path that I can use that will preserve my current date

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi janinedm,

Thank you for letting us know. Please provide me with a screenshot of the error so I can further assist you with this.

Kind regards,

Sai