Forum Discussion

PJsBiz
Experienced User
10 days ago

Can't see data file on desktop - AccountRight 2024.6

I have tried support numerous times and have escalated this problem but still no response.  If someone could help I'd appreciate it. 

My client has a MYOB data file already on her desktop version.  I sent an invite to her for another MYOB.  She accepted the invite but couldn't get any further as she couldn't see the data file on the desktop menu.  She is logged in correctly with the email address and password and has clicked online but only the old file comes up.  

I know there is a way of getting it to come up as I had this happen once and the support person knew how to fix and it took a couple of minutes.  

Thanks 

Pam

4 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PJsBiz

I get you are just trying to get your client to access the new file. Normally, after sending the invitation, the user must accept it before getting access to the file. It also helps to check if the email address where the invitation is sent matches the email address used to log in. 

Let us know if you still need help with the login. We're happy to help.

Thanks,
    Genreve.

PJsBiz
      Experienced User

Hi Genreve

Yes the email went to the correct email address; yes the client was able to accept; yes the client is logging in with the correct email address.  What she can't see is the data file when she opens up MYOB Account Right on the desktop version. 

Thanks 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PJsBiz,

Thank you for clarifying. If the invite was already accepted, the email address is correct. While accessing the file, your client might need to log out and log in again to their email address from the AccountRight app and access it from the online library. 

If you continue to have the same issue after going through those steps, please send me your serial number, the email address used to log in, and any relevant information and screenshots. I'm happy to help.

Thanks,
        Genreve