Forum Discussion

HoneySandra
Experienced Cover User
12 months ago

Closing down an online MYOB database

I am about to close down an online MYOB file as one of my clients has sold their business. My questions are:

Can I save this file to my MYOB desktop and have read only access? I have a perpetual licence that should allow me to do this as I currently use offline files for other clients. 

What happens to all the digitally stored invoices? Are they still available to view when I put this file offline? As we need to keep records for at least 5 years for the ATO.

Could a MYOB Moderator please check this for me.

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HoneySandra,

Thank you for the post and for letting us know your concern. We appreciate you for being one of our valued customers who will cancel their online subscription and I'll be glad to assist you with this. You can always work offline since it's a perpetual license. You can still access all of them but there are some features that are only available if your file is online. Work offline (checking out and checking in), has detailed information and instructions to assist you with this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai

HoneySandra
      Experienced Cover User

So I understand that any digital paperwork will not be stored with the offline file. Is this correct? What other ways around this has MYOB implemented. Because at some point or another, many businesses do get sold or closed down. Surely we don't need to upkeep a subscription for the next 5 years to satisfy any audit that might be done???

Could you please offer an alternative solution or a way to be able to store the digital invoices.

Thank you.