Forum Discussion

8 months ago

Conversion from desktop to online

Hi,

We are using the old MYOB Premier v19.16 (desktop file) and want to upgrade to AccountRight Plus to have our company file online.

Do we need to subscribe to purchase the AccountRight Plus online version first or can we upgrade from the desktop to the online file directly from Premier v19.16? If so could you advise how we do this?

3 Replies

• Hi Elizabeth_1756,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

In this matter, it is recommended to start a new subscription and start a new file. If you'll be upgrading, it will be a premier product, not AccountRight Plus. Please refer to this Help article, for further information about upgrading files.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this; I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Elizabeth_1756 

As mentioned by Princess_R , you will need a subscription to host the file online - however you don't need to start a 'new' file - get your existing file upgraded. A Premier file can be upgraded as a Plus file, contrary to what some might tell you. And rather than starting a new subscription with a new serial number, add a subscription to your existing serial number. This ensures you continue with a perpetual licence and can use the file offline if you later decide to end the subscription.

Regards

Gavin

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi gavin12345,

Thank you for your input. We appreciate your help in providing this information. Customers can upgrade their old Premier file to Plus as long as they haven't utilized the multicurrency feature, and we can arrange a data file repair to migrate their file to Plus.

Additionally, they may also try to check out this Help article: Things you should know before upgrading.

If you have information or suggestions, please feel free to share them with us.

Cheers,

Princess