Forum Discussion

tedsherwood
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Departments

The department facility has been added since I last used MYOB.  Please can somebody explain its use.  I am familiar with Jobs and Categories, so I need a clear rationale for using it as opposed to them.  Thanks.

Steven_M
    2 years ago

Hi tedsherwood 

The help page you are looking at was part of the AccountEdge product range*. This is functionality is not an option in the AccountRight range - where jobs or categories can be used in lieu of that functionality as has been indicated.

The help articles for the AccountRight range can be found on Help.myob.com AccountRight.

*Please note: The AccountEdge product range is a product that we no longer support as of April 2022.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    tedsherwood
    Contributing User
    Is nobody able to help me with this? To where do I turn for help then? The information under Help in the product is not much help, and I can't find anything online. The Dummies book is out-of-date. Don't tell me I have to pay a MYOB expert, or do a course?
      Komal_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi tedsherwood 

Thanks for your post. 

MYOB actively monitors and moderates this forum, but this is a community driven forum and where possible, we encourage users of the community to offer their assistance. However, we do endeavour to help where we can. 

In regards to your specific query regarding departments, can you please confirm which MYOB product you're using so we can advise accordingly ? 

tedsherwood
        Contributing User

It's under 'Account Right: Getting Started'.  Do you need more than this?