Forum Discussion

T-Man
Contributing User
2 years ago

e-Invoicing?

Hi Team

Question relating to e-Invoicing... We're transitioning to the new AR SE, accessed via AR PC. We've been operating AP V19.8 for a few years on a VPS, but for a few reasons have decided to upgrade to new AR, but want tor emain in control of our data file, hence the AR SE.

So we want to be able to e-Invoice. We have a customer who is requesting it due to large volume of small orders.

I was of the understanding that the new AR was effectively the same across PC/SE versions vs Online files. This does not appear to be the case? So is e-ivoicing not available on SE? If not, why? Or if not, any idea when it might be? Really NOT wanting to got o online file just for e-invoicing!

Also, is e-invoicing available in NZ? Instructions for setup on MYOB site, only reference ABN numbers, not NZBN numbers?

Thanks

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi T-Man 

Thank you for your post. 

If you are currently upgraded to the new version of AccountRight you can restore a backup file create in AccountRight v19 or earlier. When you do so, you will be prompted to upgrade the company file. You can check on this Help Article: Restore your company file which contains more information and serves as a guide on the process. E-invoicing is for online file only. 

Yes, e-Invoicing is available in NZ. There is no e-invoicing requirements in New Zealand, which means that neither B2B nor B2G transactions need to be documented with e-invoices. Recording NZBN for each of your buyers ensures that your e-invoices reach them. If you also provide the NZBN to your suppliers they will be able to send your e-invoices(as long as your accounting package can accept e-invoices).  Here's a Help Article: eInvoicing. This can provide you more information on this issue. 

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers. 

Cel

T-Man
      Contributing User

Thanks for the above Info...

SO where do I enter the customers NZBN Number?

And can you please advise what format the e-Invoice is sent in?? I presume it's emailed with a .pdf attachment, but what format is the "e" part of the invoice sent in? 

Thanks