Forum Discussion

1300HOTAIR
Experienced Cover User
5 days ago

Logging into multiple files with same user ID

Good Morning

I have 2 files with 2 separate Serial Numbers

Account Right  (Online - predominately use the desktop version) 

Business Lite (online)

Currently I am the only user and have 2 separate User ID's to access each file. I have 2 questions

1.) I am currently granting access to both files for a second person - can they have the same user ID and log in for both files and "switch" between the files

2). Can my user IDs be merged to allow a single sign on and be able to switch between the files 

In my mind I am thinking this can be done as I would image accountants etc would have access to multiple files 

Thank you in advance

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey 1300HOTAIR,

I understand that you have questions regarding user ID and those are great questions. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Same User ID for Both Files: Yes, the second person can use the same user ID to access both files. They can easily switch between the files once they have access.
    2. Merging User IDs for Single Sign-On: Merging your user IDs to allow a single sign-on isn’t possible. Each file needs its own unique user ID.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Doreen

1300HOTAIR
    Experienced Cover User

OK - SO how do they get access to both files under the single User ID and could I also get access under a single ID and disregard one

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi 1300HOTAIR,

You can set up the user with the same user ID so that when they log in to their account, they'll have the list of businesses that they can open. Regarding your question about your access, you just have to set it up. Here's a link for more information when setting up user access.

Best regards,

Doreen