Forum Discussion

SMM
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Moving from Account Edge Pro to Account Right

Does anyone have any experience moving from AE Pro to AR? Specifically foing this mid financialy year.

We need to do this in the next few weeks. Any tips/tricks? I'm concerned about reporting via STP and potential double up.

Thanks

SMM

• Hi SMM 

I have assisted several clients with this process. It really doesn't matter when you do this, I personally would avoid 30 June as there is often too much other 'stuff' going on at the time.

It is true that when migrating a company file from AccountEdge to AccountRight there is potential STP duplication. This is how MYOB moderators advise you deal with this issue:

Zeroing Pay History:

1. Make a copy of your AccountEdge file specifically for this purpose
    2. In this copy go to Cards List>>Card File>>Select the desired employee's card.
    3. Within the card, select the Payroll Details>>Pay History section (left-hand side) select Show Pay History for Year-to-date.
    4. You would want to zero out all the information on that pay history before selecting OK
    5. Complete for all employees paid this payroll year.
    6. When you have zeroed out that pay, you would go through and process a zero dollar pay. This will zero out the pay history for that file so you don't have double ups
    7. Migrate the original AccountEdge file (not the zero pay copy)

In terms of migration, MYOB do provide a free migration service - check with them how long this will take and what data will come across, and what data you will likely lose. There is also a 3rd party conversion service which takes 4-6 hrs and costs $297, guaranteeing all your transactions come across as they are in the AccountEdge file. Send me a private message if you want contact details.

FYI You will notice AR2022 is considerably slower than AccountEdge:(

Regards

Gavin

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi SMM 

I have assisted several clients with this process. It really doesn't matter when you do this, I personally would avoid 30 June as there is often too much other 'stuff' going on at the time.

It is true that when migrating a company file from AccountEdge to AccountRight there is potential STP duplication. This is how MYOB moderators advise you deal with this issue:

Zeroing Pay History:

1. Make a copy of your AccountEdge file specifically for this purpose
    2. In this copy go to Cards List>>Card File>>Select the desired employee's card.
    3. Within the card, select the Payroll Details>>Pay History section (left-hand side) select Show Pay History for Year-to-date.
    4. You would want to zero out all the information on that pay history before selecting OK
    5. Complete for all employees paid this payroll year.
    6. When you have zeroed out that pay, you would go through and process a zero dollar pay. This will zero out the pay history for that file so you don't have double ups
    7. Migrate the original AccountEdge file (not the zero pay copy)

In terms of migration, MYOB do provide a free migration service - check with them how long this will take and what data will come across, and what data you will likely lose. There is also a 3rd party conversion service which takes 4-6 hrs and costs $297, guaranteeing all your transactions come across as they are in the AccountEdge file. Send me a private message if you want contact details.

FYI You will notice AR2022 is considerably slower than AccountEdge:(

Regards

Gavin

Komal_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi SMM 

As gavin12345 mentioned, we can migrate the data from AccountEdge to AccountRight, and before the migration is done pay history does need to be zeroed out and reported to avoid STP duplication. 

In terms of migration, we do migrate transactions that affect the transaction journal, contacts, items, chart of accounts, open invoices, and bills. For the most part, we do try to convert that information (where appropriate) for the full file, however, in some cases, due to the size we may purge out information thus only migrating the current and last financial yearIt should also be noted that customise forms, progress billing and additional inventory information (variations...) will not be migrated.

The migration process can be requested by first getting the subscription for AccountRight and then sending us the following information by Private Message: 

• Your AccountRight serial number
      • The email address associated with your AccountRight serial number
  • Hi

We are in the process of this now. 

In order to retain our history (MYOB conversion only keeps one or two years), we used a third party solution and have retained data from 2014 to present. The file, 1.04GB in size, was off site for only a few hours.

However, many hours have since been spent redoing customised forms, and working out what now can no longer be done, and developing work around solutions. We run AccountEdge on MACs, and staff will use the browser to access data (as all our other business systems are MAC based). You will need at least one Windows computer to maintain files and customise forms etc.

We use extensive item and job allocation and detailed for Suppliers and Customers and payroll. There has been some of issues with this. We also print cheques, which is currently proving to be a challenge.

My advice is time your conversion well, away from crtical dates and deadlines. My staff revert to the AccountEdge copy to get things done in a hurry, while we work on the solutions. They then have to re-enter data into the new online version.

I have found the STP double-up to be the least of our worries. It appears to be easy to solve. We haven't been able to report since the ATO certificate issue of a few weeks ago anyway.

Hope all goes well for you. 

Karma_m
      Experienced Cover User

Hi,

We are also mac users. We had to give up on AE years ago (early days) as it just would not network correctly.

Our Tech guy who has now moved soley to XERO set up V19 on a windows server and we access everything via Remote desktop nearly 15 years ago.  We have been hanging on with a very antiquated server and a version that has not been upgraded or supported for a decade in the hope that MYOB would have a XERo equivilant.

I am curious as to what version you are using now that will work in a Mac enviroment. I have noticed there is a BUSINESS PRO verison but it says inventory still has to be accessed via a windows PC which seems to defeat the purpose! I am having a hard time trying to find info on what exactly are the system requirements for this supposedly cloud based program! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Carmel

SMM
        Experienced Cover User

Hi Karma_m 

We have a stand alone version of AE and we are currently running it on OS Mojave. 

We need to move to MYOB Account Right as AE will no longer be supported by MUOB as of April 1.

We will access via Parallels software on the mac.

I know people who have migrated and it seems to have worked for them. 

How do you find Xero?

SMM

SMM
      Experienced Cover User

TNC2018 

Thanks so much for your information.

Would you mind please sending me the third party solution?

Like you we will need to custom our forms again, yuk! I hate doing this.

We allocate jobs and track them, can you do this in Account Right? Are you currently using AR Live?

I was hoping to access AR through using parallels on the mac, we have a stand alone version of AR and I am the only user.

I also had problems with the certifucate issue, check your keychain and delete old obsolete STP certificates. This worked for me after many frustrating attempts.

Yes timing is critical, it's filling me with dread to be honest. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Good luck with sorting out your issues.

SMM

SMM
    Experienced Cover User

gavin12345 thanks for your reply to my post. Can you please send details of the third party solution.

Thanks

SMM

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi SMM 

I tried sending you a private message however the system advised this feature has not been enabled for you so I was unable to send.

Use your preferred browser search engine to do a search on 'accountedge conversion to accountright' - the first link to a non-myob page should be for the conversion service I was referring to.

Regards

Gavin

SMM
    Experienced Cover User

Komal_S I can't seem to send a private message.

I need to move from Account Edge to Account Right asap. We are mac users, what are my options please?

Thanks

SMM

Komal_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi SMM 

Please try sending the message now, as it should now be enabled.