Forum Discussion

Accounts12341
Experienced User
11 months ago
Solved

Can't balance an account

My Electronic Clearing Account has an old discrepancy that means it always is .01c out.

Up until recently, I've been able to reconcile the account with the closing balance of -.01c.  Happy days.

The calculated statement balance is still -.01c but now, it won't let me reconcile no matter what I do.  I've made the closing balance -.01c, .01, 0.00.  Nothing works despite the fact it says the deposits and withdrawals are equal.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Genreve_S
    10 months ago

Hi Accounts12341

Thanks for your response and all the information you've given so far. 

For me to check on other possible reasons for this issue, please send me a private message containing the following. 

• Serial number 
    • Full name and email address
    • Company name 
    • Company File ID (Help > About MYOB AccountRight)

We look forward to your response. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Accounts12341

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear about your difficulties trying to reconcile your electronic clearing account. May I know what transaction has started this discrepancy and may I ask for screenshots of the reconcile accounts window for us to assist further? 

We look forward to your response. If you have any other concerns or questions feel free to include them in your next response.

Cheers, 

Genreve

Accounts12341
      Experienced User

Hi Genreve

Attached is a copy of the recon screen.

The original transaction is from years ago.  Before my time.

I used to be able to reconcile the account with the .01c difference.  It took a few goes.  I had to close out of the screen and change the total and it worked but I haven't been able to reconcile for the last 12 months.

Now, no matter what I do, it won't reconcile so I've left it as is for the last year.

Thanks

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Accounts12341

Thanks for your response and the added screenshot. 

Generally, the system is not supposed to allow you to reconcile if the values are not balanced. We usually need to find what is causing the out-of-balance before reconciling it. We could try reconciling on a future date and see if fixes the issue. (i.e. reconciling on 31/12/9998 by copying the calculated balance to the statement balance and then reconciling it. then undoing it)

If this does not fix the issue, I would recommend undoing all reconciliation until we find what's causing the issue and redo all reconciliation past that. I know this is a lot of work but we need to first find the origin of the out of balance to fix it. 

Let us know if you have any further other questions. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve