Forum Discussion

alpha1rambo
Experienced User
6 months ago
Solved

new busines i bought

i have bought in to a new business that has xero soft ware and i finding lots of problems

i have my own copy single use of myob for my own building busines .

Question i want ask and see if this can be done with myob

can employees look up any one details including other employees on the system IE in xero you do any search in the search tab and if you put in the empolyees name it will show all the pay details and how much that get paid  

IE agian Roger wanted too look at another work pay ( sally ) to see how much she was getting paid ?

can this happen in MYOB ???

with stock control can i use a bar code scan to make it easy for staff to look up and sell product ??

as again xero does not have this faction at all 

and if i go with MYOB can all the detail from xero be moved over to MYOB ????

any help with above would be great thank you 

Best regards Paul 

• Hi alpha1rambo,

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the delayed response. In MYOB, a user can access other employees' pay details/card files if the file owner assigns a PAYROLL role to them. Additionally, in AccountRight, you have the option to customize the Payroll role further by unticking specific permissions that you do not wish to grant. Once the changes are saved, they will apply to all users assigned to that role. Please see this help article for more information about: Set up roles.

While MYOB AccountRight doesn't have native barcode generation and scanning capabilities, you can achieve seamless integration by selecting the right third-party barcode generation and scanning tools, and possibly developing custom integration or utilizing third-party solutions that bridge the gap between your barcode system and MYOB AccountRight.

Here are some methods that could be implemented, and other forum members may have additional ideas:

• Utilize the item number as the barcode number. This way, when you scan the barcode, you are directly accessing the item number in AccountRight.
    • Use a potential third-party addon. A full list of third-party add-ons is available through the MYOB App Marketplace.

Additionally, we provide a migration path for transferring data to MYOB from other applications. Explore the "Move to MYOB " service for detailed information on the migration process, including the types of data that can be transferred and the necessary steps to complete the migration.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi alpha1rambo,

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the delayed response. In MYOB, a user can access other employees' pay details/card files if the file owner assigns a PAYROLL role to them. Additionally, in AccountRight, you have the option to customize the Payroll role further by unticking specific permissions that you do not wish to grant. Once the changes are saved, they will apply to all users assigned to that role. Please see this help article for more information about: Set up roles.

While MYOB AccountRight doesn't have native barcode generation and scanning capabilities, you can achieve seamless integration by selecting the right third-party barcode generation and scanning tools, and possibly developing custom integration or utilizing third-party solutions that bridge the gap between your barcode system and MYOB AccountRight.

Here are some methods that could be implemented, and other forum members may have additional ideas:

• Utilize the item number as the barcode number. This way, when you scan the barcode, you are directly accessing the item number in AccountRight.
    • Use a potential third-party addon. A full list of third-party add-ons is available through the MYOB App Marketplace.

Additionally, we provide a migration path for transferring data to MYOB from other applications. Explore the "Move to MYOB " service for detailed information on the migration process, including the types of data that can be transferred and the necessary steps to complete the migration.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl