Forum Discussion

7 days ago

Unable to upgrade your file

Hi,

I am having issue upgrading our company file to work with the latest version of AR 2024. We have a current subscription for AccountRight Premier 2024  and running server-client setup of AR2024.5

We are trying to move our company file online, however in the process it asks to upgrade the file to the latest version of AR 2024.6. On upgrading, comes up with the following message;

"Cannot complete upgrade - Company File is being used by another application"

Need help on how to solve this issue.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi makeung

I'm happy to help with your upgrade difficulties. In my understanding, if you are upgrading the file and uploading it online from a server, it's best to do the whole process in the server computer directly instead of another computer inside the network. I recommend doing the upgrade and upload from the server PC directly. 

Let us know if you need any further help with this. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you need any other help.

Thanks,
    Genreve

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi makeung,

I understand that you're trying to upgrade your company file online to the latest version of AccountRight Server Edition. Let's work together to resolve this. First, ensure all users are logged out and close background applications. Next is to restart the server before upgrading again.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, I recommend getting in touch with our live chat support for more detailed assistance. To connect with our live chat team, you may head on over to http://myob.com/contactus and click the purple speech bubble (lower right-hand corner) to open MOCA. From there, type in "get help from a support agent," and this will give you a link to open a live chat.

Cheers,

Princess