Forum Discussion

Nigel7274
Cover User
3 months ago

AccountRight not exporting to Excel anymore

Hi

I am using AccountRight 2024.2.1.3 (having just updated it), using Windows 10 Pro and Office 365. 

I note i can no longer export reports to excel. 

All other export applications work fine.

Is there a fix to this?

Thank you

2 Replies

• Hi Nigel7274 

I know this does not help you much but I am also running V2024.2.1.3 but on on Windows 11 and Office 365 and exporting to Excel is still functioning for me.

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Nigel7274,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum.

My apologies for the late response. If there's a specific error message, such as the.XLT files are not in the folder location, try reinstalling the AccountRight software, making sure the anti-virus is disabled, and running the installer as admin (i.e., right-click and run as administrator), or try installing the server edition. If they are in the folder, permissions or security might be blocking access.

Also, can you please retrieve the diagnostic log of the AccountRight file after attempting to export it to Excel? If you open the error log, can you see a Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application error? If you can, generally this error means that when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office or Excel may have been previously installed on the computer and components or values are left behind. This type of error can be fixed by one of the following:

Please let us know how you go.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this. 

Kind regards,

Shella