Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Export to Excel not working in AccountRight 2021.8

I have a customer who is experiencing issues with exporting reports to Excel. 

This has worked in the past but apparently isn't now. They haven't done this in a while, so we cannot tell for sure if it is related to 2021.8 (installed 21/12/2021). When they click "Export to Excel", the blue circle is spinning for a bit and then stops, with no further action taken.

I thought I was on to something when I noticed that "Everyone" didn't have access to the reports folder in the publoc documents but even after applying new security, the issue remains. 

The system in question is a terminal server running Windows Server 2016 with MS Office Pro 2021 (32bit) installed. 

ANy ideas?

• Hi tomwidauer

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! Can you please retrieve the diagnostic log of the AccountRight file after attempting to export to excel, if you open the error log can you see a Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application error ? If you can, Generally this error means that when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Excel may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind. This type of error can be fixed by one one of the following:

Please do let us know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi tomwidauer

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! Can you please retrieve the diagnostic log of the AccountRight file after attempting to export to excel, if you open the error log can you see a Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application error ? If you can, Generally this error means that when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Excel may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind. This type of error can be fixed by one one of the following:

Please do let us know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

tomwidauer
      User

Thanks Melisa, this was very helpful. I did indeed see the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel error and was able to get it to work following the Link you had provided.

Cheers

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi tomwidauer

You're welcome, I'm glad that has resolved this for you. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have anymore questions, we are more than happy to assist.