Forum Discussion

PTow
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

AccountRight Plus 2022.4.0 won't export to Excel

Hi Community

I am using AccountRight Plus (AUS) 2022.4.0 and Office 365 for business on Windows 11 Pro.

When I try to export an AccountRight report to Excel, the report doesn't export and I don't receive an error message. Basically nothing happens. I am able to export to pdf without any issue.

I unistalled and reinstalled AccountRight Plus (AUS) 2022.4.0, but the export to Excel still doens't work.

I'm hoping that someone has a resolution to this problem and is able to share it.

Many Thanks

Peter

• While you have done a reinstall of AccountRight, you can also do a reinstall of Excel. This can also fix the link between the software.

Please let me know how you go.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello PTow 

If you open up AccountRight by right-clicking and choosing run as administrator, after proceeding to export to excel if it works you will need to reinstall AccountRight again by right-clicking on the installer and choosing run as administrator. 

If the above doesn't work. You can do the following to repair the .NET framework:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
    2. Type Control Panel, then select OK.
    3. Select Uninstall a Program, then Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Verify that .NET Framework 4.5 or later (4.7) is enabled.
      • If the box for .NET Framework 4.5 or later is not enabled (not filled in), enable it by clicking the box.
        Select OK, then reboot the computer.
      • If .NET Framework 4.5 or later is already enabled, repair .NET Framework by clearing the box and rebooting the computer.
        After the reboot, re-enable .NET Framework and reboot the computer again.
    5. Verify that .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is enabled.
      • If the box for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is not enabled (not filled in), enable it by clicking the box. Select OK,
        then reboot the computer.
      • If .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is already enabled, repair .NET framework by clearing the box and rebooting the computer.
        After the reboot, re-enable .NET framework and reboot the computer again.

If the box is blank or you get an error activating a component, you will need to contact an IT professional,
    as this is a Microsoft component that interacts with the operating system, not just AccountRight.

PTow
      Contributing User

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply.

I ran AccountRight as the administrator, but unfortunately this didn't fix the issue.

I again uninstalled and re-installed AccountRight. I couldn't see an option to do this as an administrator, but unfortunately this didn't fix the issue.

I then followed your detailed instructions to repair the .NET framework. Please refer to the photo of the Windows features panel.

Both .NET framework 3.5 (which I assume is SP1) and .NET 4.8 were enabled. So I disabled .NET 3.5, selected OK and rebooted the computer. The system seemed to do an update, so I was hopeful. I then re-opened the Windows features panel, enabled .NET 3.5, selected OK and rebooted the computer. Unfortunately this also didn't fix the issue.

So I still can't export a report to Excel as I used to be able to.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Many Thanks

Peter

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

While you have done a reinstall of AccountRight, you can also do a reinstall of Excel. This can also fix the link between the software.